Hours of Coverage
Normal Support Services hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday to Friday. Incidents or service requests can be logged by customers 24x7x365.
Opening and Tracking Tickets
Licensees should open and track tickets through the Incognito Customer Support Portal found at:
The portal includes a submission form which allows you to provide issue details. Upon submission a support ticket will be issued for tracking purposes. You can track existing and past tickets for your entire organization at your convenience (registration required). You can also reach our team by telephone. Our standard office numbers are: (North American toll free) 1-800-877-1856 or +1 604-688-4332.
Customers who requires emergency (Urgent/Critical and High/Major service events) Support Services outside of normal support hours must contact our emergency support numbers as follows: English: +1 604-607-3771 Spanish: +1 843-579-1226 and follow the prompts. Upon receiving an emergency support call, the call center records your name, phone number and a summary of the issue, and then contacts the appropriate Incognito support team member who returns a call to the Licensee.
Customers with paid-up maintenance fees will be provided support by Incognito and receive an initial response and incident record assignment. Incognito may request that a single point of contact be identified, by the Licensee, to ensure support requests and responses are effectively coordinated and communicated. All support services are conditional upon timely cooperation by provision and availability by Licensee of all necessary personnel, resources, data, IT and technology information and access. Response times for logged incidents are defined in the table below.
|Severity||Definition||Response Time||Restoration Period||Resolution Period|
|P1: Urgent/Critical||A major feature, function or capability of the product in a production installation of purchased Incognito software is inoperative such that normal customer operations have been halted.||1 hour||Incognito will make a commercially reasonable efforts to provide restoration of the service within 8 hours||Incognito will provide a more permanent resolution within 30 days|
|P2: High/Major||A feature, function or capability of the product is inoperable, however, most normal operations can be continued. Request for license key renewal or re-issuance.||4 hours||Incognito will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide restoration of the service, working normal business hours, within 3 business days.||Incognito will provide a more permanent resolution within 30 days.|
|P3: Normal||An incident that does not materially affect the continuation of normal customer operations.||1 business day||Incognito will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide restoration of the service, working normal business hours, within 45 (fourty-five) business days.||Incognito will provide a more permanent resolution by next release.|
|P4: Low||Query - A request for a non-incident related service such as a request for advice or product enhancement||2 business days||No restoration required||N/A|
Incognito, will make a commercially reasonable efforts to provide the customer with a workaround as defined in the table above. Due to the variation in the complexity of errors that may occur, work-around times cannot be guaranteed. The following conditions are agreed upon prerequisites between Incognito and the customer:
- Incognito is not responsible for hardware failures and/or fixes not directly attributable to the Software.
- The Restoration Period shall begin ONLY once Incognito has established the following:
- Communications with a qualified Customer representative capable of providing a written description of the specific issue and able to compile a list of any recent network changes
- Reasonable remote access (ie. VPN, SSH, screen-share or similar), with a login account having root privileges to any/all troubled servers running Incognito services
- Access to a qualified staff of any vendors providing hardware devices that Incognito deems may be necessary to speed the recovery process, e.g. CMTS, routers, etc.
- Access to a qualified staff of any vendors providing software applications that were written to interact with Licensed Incognito software.
- Ability/authorization to perform on-the-spot upgrades to Incognito services and install related software and tools to assist in troubleshooting and issue resolution (e.g. packet sniffer).
- Incognito is not responsible in the case that customer, its subsidiaries, or related entities, or 3rd party entities intentionally hinder in any way Incognito’s ability to access the customer's system for support or troubleshooting at reasonable times. Incognito is also not responsible if the customer does not follow the reasonable course of action recommended by Incognito. Incognito shall have no liability for any time it takes the customer to make a decision to follow Incognito’s recommendations. Delays directly attributable to customer actions or inactions in the response period and restoration period will not result in any liability or fault of Incognito.
- NON-COMPLIANT DEVICES: Incognito is not responsible for devices entering the customer network which are non-compliant to industry standards, and will take a NO-FAULT position.
Customer Support Organization
The Customer Support department is organized into three Tiers:
T1 - Front line support by Customer Support Level I and II Engineers.
T2 - Next level support by Customer Support III and Senior Customer Support Engineers
T3 - Escalation support by Senior Customer Support Engineers and Technical Account Managers
The following is the order of escalation within the Customer Support Organization:
- 1st Level: Tier 1 or 2 Support engineer engaged in incident investigation
- 2nd Level: Incognito escalation from Tier 1 to a Tier 2 Support Engineer
- 3rd Level: Incognito escalation to T3 and/or Technical Account Manager
- 4th Level: Munir Allibhai - Senior Manager, Customer Support
- 5th Level: Timothy Roberts - VP Customer Success
- 6th Level: David Sharpley - CEO
Support Services - means providing Incident Management services, problem report generation and responding appropriately, and in a timely manner, in support of established service levels objectives. A response may be in the form of an explanation or supply of information, workaround, and/or permanent fix to valid problems reported by the customer.
Incident - means an event which is not part of the standard operation of the software. An incident generally has, or may cause an interruption to normal product quality or its operation.
Incident Management - means the process by which an incident or service request is logged and tracked from initial opening through resolution to final closure. The objective of incident management is to restore normal operations promptly, and with the least possible impact to the customer.
Problem - is a condition resulting from multiple incidents that exhibit common symptoms. Problems can also be identified from a single, significant incident, indicative of a single error, for which the cause is unknown, but for which the impact is significant.
“Valid Problems” means problems notified by customer to Incognito that do not result from any breach and/or error caused by:
(a) Any change to the Software made by any party other than Incognito.
(b) Accident, neglect, or misuse by any party other than Incognito.
(c) Customer’s failure to provide a suitable installation and/or operating environment for the Software
(d) Software, hardware, firmware, data, operating environment, and/or technology not licensed or specified by Incognito.
(e) Any third party solution used by the customer.
(f) Customer’s own computer system.
(g) Failure of the Customer and/or user to comply with the Documentation.
From a Valid Problem, the root cause is identified and will be referred to as a “Known Error.”
“Known Error” means a condition identified by successful diagnosis of the root cause of a problem. A Known Error, or sometimes referred to as ‘Known Issue’, will be entered into the Known Error Database (KEDB).
“Workaround” – means a commercially reasonable solution to a known error that will be made available to the customer to resolve a Valid Problem. Workarounds for known errors may later form part of Incognito’s Major or Minor release plan.
In case of any dispute, disagreement or discrepancy between any items on this page, the Master Service and License Agreement will always take precedence.
You can download this as a PDF below: